Friday, April 19, 2013

Proudly Introducing: the DUBARRY Longford Boot!

As a longtime friend of the Dubarry team, I am honored and privileged to help give their newest boot a proper US debut. The Longford boot has all of the classic Dubarry elements as the Galway boot, but with a sleeker silhouette and some beautiful new detailing. A double buckle adorns the top, with the signature Dubarry script logo subtly embossed into the smooth leather. The boots, in true Dubarry form, are made in Europe of Dubarry's DryFast-DrySoft™leather and fully lined with GORE-TEX® from bottom to top, making them completely waterproof but also lightweight and breathable. The Black and Walnut color options (shown below) will initially be offered in European sizes 37 to 43 (up to USW 11.5, USM 10) and will retail at $529. Apart from the obvious practical appeal, the boots are simply beautiful.
Dubarry LONGFORD boot in Black.
Dubarry LONGFORD boot in Walnut.
Nothing better embodies the spirit of the Dappled Waistcoat more than Dubarry boots: they are hard wearing, well crafted, but still effortlessly stylish and timeless. I've been steadily wearing Dubarry Galway boots since 2005, and from October through March you really won't see me in anything else. This year they kept me dry through Hurricane Sandy and helped me shovel my driveway out of snow three feet deep during the crazy blizzard in February. Oh, and a little trade secret.... my boots have lasted so long because I take proper care of them! I hose them down if they get muddy or dirty and let them air dry, and I regularly apply Dubarry Leather Cream to the foot part so they don't dry out.
A rainy Galway day in February, paired with black motorcycle jeans and a North Face parka.
For those of you lucky folks who will be attending Rolex Kentucky this year, a limited number of Longford boots will be available for sale at the show, so absolutely stop by the booth and slip a pair on. By the looks of them, you won't want to take them off......... ever. If you're an Instagram user, tag any Dubarry related photos #dubarry #dubarryboots #rk3de #roadtorolex2013 @dubarryofireland @rolexkentucky, and if you want to make me envious you can tag me @aezeum!

As for the rest of us, Dubarry is running an exciting social media contest through the Rolex Event in which one US resident can WIN a pair of Longfords and thereby increase their quality of life a hundredfold. Click here or on the image below for details on the competition!


I may have to wait until the Hampton Classic Horse Show this year to get my hands on a pair, but please believe I will -- in Black -- and I'll spam photos of them on Instagram to make you all insanely jealous until you can't help but get a pair of your own. I dare you to beat me to the punch!

No comments:

Post a Comment